Cheese Sticks Recipe : Halloween Witches' Fingers!


It's Halloween today and I was determined to make my own witches' fingers cheese stick recipe. While I was looking around for a good spooky recipe, I found this yummy puff pastry cheese sticks recipe. I thought it would be a marvelous idea to make witches' fingers in the form of pastry cheese sticks instead of the more traditional bread sticks or cookies. It's much lighter, less fattening, and it is easier to make.

And since I m a pianist, I m going to rename this  the 'Pianist Fingers Cheese Sticks Recipe', as I seriously cannot think of anything scarier than detached fingers!!!!!! Can you?

Ingredients

  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese  
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour 
  • sliced almonds (Carmen's touch)
  • 2 tablespoons corn-meal (Carmen's touch)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt 
  • 1/2 cup of Shredded Parmesan cheese

Preparation (Carmen's touch)

  1. In a large bow, mix cheese, flour, salt, corn-meal and butter together.Then add egg and stir until dough holds together.
  2. Wrap dough plastic cling film and freeze for at least 30 minutes.
  3. Preheat oven to 350°.
  4. Roll out  the dough and cut it into strips then use your hands to make them into finger shapes. Place them on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top,  press half of an almond into each 'finger tip' to make 'nails'. 
  5. Bake the fingers for about 15 minutes. 

Husband says: "Its best to lick the blood off the severed finger end of this cheese sticks recipe! Halloween nom nom nom!"

    Previous
    Next Post »