And since I m a pianist, I m going to rename this the 'Pianist Fingers Cheese Sticks Recipe', as I seriously cannot think of anything scarier than detached fingers!!!!!! Can you?
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- sliced almonds (Carmen's touch)
- 2 tablespoons corn-meal (Carmen's touch)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup of Shredded Parmesan cheese
Preparation (Carmen's touch)
- In a large bow, mix cheese, flour, salt, corn-meal and butter together.Then add egg and stir until dough holds together.
- Wrap dough plastic cling film and freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Roll out the dough and cut it into strips then use your hands to make them into finger shapes. Place them on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top, press half of an almond into each 'finger tip' to make 'nails'.
- Bake the fingers for about 15 minutes.
Husband says: "Its best to lick the blood off the severed finger end of this cheese sticks recipe! Halloween nom nom nom!"
Sign up here with your email