Fusilli with bacon and tomato sauce is a basic Italian pasta dish. Its a mid-week treat for a quick and easy to make after work dinner. It takes less than 20 minutes to prepare and cleanup is just ONE pan to wash! It's tastes good, looks fancy and fills you up.
Everybody loves Italian food, and I think everyone should learn how to cook some Italian dishes. It's not just tasty, it is one of the healthiest cuisines in the world. Traditional Italian cooking is basic and straight forward and makes good use of fresh ingredients. With a lot of Olive Oil, fresh veggies, pasta, and rice you can make delicious healthy food without burning a hole in your wallet.
Cook Time: 20 mins
Estimate Cost: $ 6
- 1 pound thick-cut bacon diced
- 16 ounces fusilli pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 tablespoons mixed herbs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- In a large pot, boil some water, when boiling add 1 teaspoon salt and the pasta and cook until the pasta is al dente.
- Fry bacon in a large pan until it is crispy. Remove to drain on a paper towel-lined plate and remove 3/4 of the bacon fat from the pan. Add olive oil, onions and garlic, cook for 2 minutes.
- Then put in the tomatoes, cook for 5 minutes, mix in the wine, simmer for 5 minutes
- Drain pasta and add to the tomato mixture pan. Add basil and bacon. Sprinkle Parmesan Cheese on top.
Sign up here with your email