Breaded Pork Cutlet With Salad Recipe: Crispy And Juicy Game-Day Recipe

 

Everybody loves Breaded Pork Cutlets (except maybe Vegans, their loss), the Japanese have their Tonkatsu, the Italian have their Cotolette Milanese, while the Viennese have Schnitzel.

It is very easy to recreate this world famous dish at home, the ingredients are easy to find and it takes less than 30 minutes to cook. It's a prefect game-day recipe, as your man can have his food on a lap-tray in front of the TV, and it does go well with a beer!

Cook Time: 30 minutes

Serve: 2

Estimated Cost: $ 8

Ingredients:
  • 4 boneless pork cutlet, pounded thin
  • 2 egg white 
  • 2 tablespoon water
  • 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil (Carmen's touch)
  • 1 tablespoon of white cooking wine (Carmen's touch)
  • 1/2 tablespoon of Worchestershire source
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup dry bread crumbs
  • Salt and Pepper to taste

Preparations:
  1. Pound the pork chops with the textured side of meat hammer.
  2. In a small bowl mix together sesame oil, cooking wine and the worchestershire sauce together. Lay the pork chops out  in a shallow dish and then pour in the mixture. Sprinkle salt and pepper on pork chops. Let  them sit for at least 1/2 hour.
  3. In a large bowl, beat the egg whites and water until it starts foaming
  4. Heat up1 to 2-inches of oil a heavy saucepan.
  5. Lay out 3 large plates. Put the flour in the first plate. Egg white and water in the second plate. Put the breadcrumbs in the third plate.
  6. Coat each Pork Chop first with the flour, then the egg white and then the breadcrumbs
  7. Carefully place the breaded pork chop into the hot oil. Cook 1 minute and turn, repeat twice until golden brown.
Husband Says: "Perfect game-day food indeed! Would be tasty with BBQ sauce or a dash of A1 as well. I can't wait for the next big game."
Previous
Next Post »

4 comments

Write comments
Mary
AUTHOR
November 3, 2011 at 7:56 AM delete

These look and sound delicious. This is my first visit to your blog, so I took some time to browse through your earlier entries. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Reply
avatar
November 3, 2011 at 2:49 PM delete

Thank you so much Mary. Please do try out some of my recipes and let me know what you think of them! I look forward to your comments and suggestions. Have a great day. Carmen

Reply
avatar
Feisty Tapas
AUTHOR
September 12, 2012 at 5:11 AM delete

This is one of my favourite simple foods in the whole world, and one I would always ask for when, growing up in Spain, my mother would ask what we wanted for lunch the next day :)

Reply
avatar