Mulled Wine : A Recipe For A Taste of European Holidays


Mulled wine is a traditional European winter drink made of warm red wine, oranges and spices. I first discovered mulled wine at a Christmas market in London when I was 18-years-old, the first year I could drink legally. I have been enchanted by it ever since. From then on I couldn't imagine Christmas without that sweet taste of cinnamon and wine.

Since we are going to celebrate our Christmas with roasted ham and eggnog like all true Americans, I thought it would be nice to bring a little something from my tradition into our family. I thought of Christmas pudding and mince pie, but I didn't really like them, and my husband surely would not care for them.

Since Hong Kong celebrates Christmas the British way and have roasted turkey on Christmas day because there is no Thanksgiving in Britain or Hong kong.So, Mulled Wine was the natural choice for bringing some of my Christmas tradition into our young family.


Ingredients

  • 1 bottle red wine
  • 1 nutmeg, grated
  • 1 dried bay leaf 
  • 70g dark brown sugar
  • 2 cinnamon sticks
  • 1 teaspoon of ginger powder
  • 1 orange, thinly slice
Preparations
  1. Mix everything together in a large saucepan heat up over medium heat.
  2. Stir gently until all the sugar dissolved.
  3. Serve warm.

Husband Says: "Cant typ good n stuff just drank pot of mold...er, muller, er ah mulled wine. tasty yes goooood."


Previous
Next Post »