Freshly Baked Chicken Nuggets: A Healthy Happy Meal

There was a terrifying article about fast-food chicken nuggets circulated around the internet last week that showed a picture of some pink colored mash that looked like ice-cream. It wasn't. It turned out to be machine processed chicken.  

What the machine does is smash EVERYTHING, including the bones, eyes and guts together before making them into chicken nuggets. Yum? I am a huge fan of chicken nuggets and that article totally made my stomach turn and put me off fast-food nuggets forever. 

So I have decided to make my own recipe. And it was a great success! Not only did they taste much better than the ones from the fast-food restaurants, but when you make your own you know exactly what goes into them. And that's what I'd call a Happy meal.

Serves: 2 - 3

Cook Time: 30 minutes 

Estimated Cost: $10

Ingredients

  • 2 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
  • 1 cup breadcrumbs, or as needed
  • 1/2 cup, Parmesan cheese, grated
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon Italian Mixed Herbs
  • 1 egg white, beaten

Preparations

  1. Preheat oven to 370 degrees
  2. Mix bread crumbs, cheese, salt, herbs together in a large bowl.
  3. Dip chicken chunks into the egg white first, then coat with the breadcrumb mixture. 
  4. Put the well-coated chicken pieces on a lightly greased baking tray, and bake in the preheated oven for around 20 minutes, or until they turn golden.
  5. Serve with barbeque source or ketchup
Husband Says: "Never eating another McNugget, or should I say MashNugget, or CrapNugget. GutNugget? Ick. These on the other hand, I will eat and eat a'plenty, and as often as my lovely wife cares to make them."
Previous
Next Post »

4 comments

Write comments
Red_Shallot
AUTHOR
January 23, 2012 at 11:34 PM delete

Other than a whole lot healthier, I bet your nuggets taste a whole lot better, too..

Reply
avatar
Elpiniki
AUTHOR
January 24, 2012 at 3:00 AM delete

Looks amazing!
I just found your blog and I loved it! Am a happy follower now!
Visit me at: my-greek-cooking.blogspot.com
Hope to see you around!

Reply
avatar
Mary
AUTHOR
January 24, 2012 at 1:57 PM delete

I really like the way your chicken looks and sounds. The word yummy comes to mind. This is my first visit to your blog so I took some time to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Reply
avatar
Cleopatra
AUTHOR
March 19, 2012 at 4:20 PM delete

Hi Carmen! I found your blog through guestr.com and I tried to contact you through the site because I could not find an email for you here. I love your blog it includes great variety. My daughter is going to love these chicken nuggets especially because they are the only ones she will ever eat again!!

Reply
avatar