There was a terrifying article about fast-food chicken nuggets circulated around the internet last week that showed a picture of some pink colored mash that looked like ice-cream. It wasn't. It turned out to be machine processed chicken.
What the machine does is smash EVERYTHING, including the bones, eyes and guts together before making them into chicken nuggets. Yum? I am a huge fan of chicken nuggets and that article totally made my stomach turn and put me off fast-food nuggets forever.
So I have decided to make my own recipe. And it was a great success! Not only did they taste much better than the ones from the fast-food restaurants, but when you make your own you know exactly what goes into them. And that's what I'd call a Happy meal.
Serves: 2 - 3
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Estimated Cost: $10
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, or as needed
- 1/2 cup, Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Italian Mixed Herbs
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Preheat oven to 370 degrees
- Mix bread crumbs, cheese, salt, herbs together in a large bowl.
- Dip chicken chunks into the egg white first, then coat with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Put the well-coated chicken pieces on a lightly greased baking tray, and bake in the preheated oven for around 20 minutes, or until they turn golden.
- Serve with barbeque source or ketchup
Sign up here with your email