Rosemary And Oregano Pan-Fried Lamb Chops: Nutritious is Delicious


Chicken is a regular of our dinner table and that's perfectly fine by us. That said, lamb has always been my favorite meat and we don't enjoy it nearly enough.

These easy lamb chops are perfect for a quick dinner. I like to cook my  lamb chops quickly in a frying pan on high heat. Dinner is ready in less than 10 minutes! Pair them up with some salad, mashed potatoes, and a glass of red wine.

I love the classic lamb with rosemary and garlic recipe, however I prefer to keep thing simple, so I take out the garlic. Lamb is such a flavorsome meat naturally and I just think it loses some of the flavour if garlic is used. 

Serves: 2 people

Cost: $6

Ingredients:

2 Lamb Chops
2 tablespoons of Rosemary, chopped
1 teaspoon of Oregano, chopped
2 tablespoon of olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Preparations
  1. Sprinkle olive oil over lamb chops on both sides and season with salt and pepper.
  2. Pour 2 tablespoons of oil into the heavy frying-pan over high heat and fry the chops for 2 minutes on each side. Sprinkle the chops with the dried oregano and rosemary. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for another 1 minute on each side. 
  3. Serve hot with potatoes or salad.
Husband Says: "As Gordon Ramsay would say, 'Keep it simple yeah?' That's what this recipe does. Its simple yeah. Usually I like some garlic on lamb, but if its cooked right and still kept juicy, just a few herbs is nice. Great stuff yeah."
Previous
Next Post »

6 comments

Write comments
Tina
AUTHOR
January 26, 2012 at 4:48 AM delete

lamb is a special treat at our house and if it was more available around here I am sure we would eat much more of it! Your chops look delicious! Like you, I am cautious about the amount of seasoning on meats. Nothing worse than over powering it with seasoning. Great post!

Reply
avatar
Cucina49
AUTHOR
January 26, 2012 at 4:13 PM delete

I love lamb and this looks delicious and easy--perfect for a weeknight!

Reply
avatar
Soni
AUTHOR
January 27, 2012 at 12:02 PM delete

Beautiful lamb!Love the color and it looks delicious!

Reply
avatar
January 30, 2012 at 7:20 AM delete

I love lamb and rosemary, can't wait to try this recipe!

Reply
avatar
city
AUTHOR
February 11, 2012 at 7:54 PM delete

nice idea. thanks for sharing...

Reply
avatar