Thursday, February 23, 2012



When I was trying to figure out what to make for dinner tonight, I thought of the boxed ready-made mini lasagnas in the supermarket. I've always wanted to try them. Then I remembered I have a lot of frozen wonton wrappers leftover from the Wonton Soup in the freezer in need of attention.

So I came up with the idea of these cute mini lasagnas cups made with wonton wrappers in a muffin tin!

Not only did they turn out super cute, they were extremely appetitizing! Unlike thicker traditional lasagna noodle sheets, the super thin Wonton wrappers are very crispy and light.

I will definitely make these again when I want to make an impression at  party or when I want my husband to eat all the food on his plate. :) 

Serves: 10 pieces
Estimated Cost: $8
Cook Time: 40 minutes 
Ingredients
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 large chicken breast, shredded
  • 1 cup four cheese spaghetti sauce
  • 2 cup of shredded sharp cheese
  •  Salt and pepper to taste
  • 20 wonton wrappers
Preparations:
  • Preheat oven to 370F
  • Cook chicken pieces in a medium pan over medium heat until golden brown
  • Add  four cheese spaghetti sauce, mix well
  • Grease a 10 cup muffin tin and put 2  wonton wrappers in each cup
  • Put a tablespoon of shredded cheese into each of the muffin cup.
  • Add a tablespoon of the chicken mixture onto the cheese filles cup
  • Sprinkle the top with another layer of cheese
  • Bake for 15 minutes until  the wonton wrappers have a crispy brown color to them
  • Cool for a couple of minutes and serve
Husband Says: "Like the wifey says, they are cute. But cute don't count so much for me as IS IT GOOD? And yes, I can vouch that these AWE SO CUTE KAWAII CUTE CUTE! cupcake lasagna cup thingies are indeed delish. I ate all three on my plate much to the pleasure of my wife. I don't always eat everything, not because I don't like the food, but because, well...I'm just weird like that. Will definitely eat these again. Loved the wonton wrapping as well. Added a nice crispiness that I hadn't had with lasagna before. Score another cooking victory for Carmen in her Kitchen."

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea!Makes for a great party appetizer as well.Looks cute and delish :)Very creative Carmen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about cute... cute's not manly to say is it? They may revoke my man-card... BUT!! It does look delicious!! That I can say!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these. Great idea. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative Carmen! There are a lot of appetizers out there but very few have the wonderful flavors as this. I love that you used chicken instead of sausage or beef. I am not surprised that they were a hit at your house. Saving this one-yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for lasagna! These look really cute, nice presentation! I m keeping the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Won Ton wrappers are so versatile, you took it to a whole entire different level Carmen! Totally genius, delicious, and very festive even for a special occasion as wonderful appetizers:DDD
    Thanks for sharing, have a wonderful weekend!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow..looks awesome..
    just found your space..lovely space you have..
    very inviting recipe collection with nice presentation..
    Am your happy follower now.;)
    do stop by mine sometime..

    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was wondering Why I did not see any of your recipe on my blog dashboard. I realized my mistake that I never clicked Done after joining yours.
    I saw these lovely cups on Google and then came here.

    ReplyDelete