When I was trying to figure out what to make for dinner tonight, I thought of the boxed ready-made mini lasagnas in the supermarket. I've always wanted to try them. Then I remembered I have a lot of frozen wonton wrappers leftover from the Wonton Soup in the freezer in need of attention.
So I came up with the idea of these cute mini lasagnas cups made with wonton wrappers in a muffin tin!
Not only did they turn out super cute, they were extremely appetitizing! Unlike thicker traditional lasagna noodle sheets, the super thin Wonton wrappers are very crispy and light.
Serves: 10 pieces
Estimated Cost: $8
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large chicken breast, shredded
- 1 cup four cheese spaghetti sauce
- 2 cup of shredded sharp cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 20 wonton wrappers
- Preheat oven to 370F
- Cook chicken pieces in a medium pan over medium heat until golden brown
- Add four cheese spaghetti sauce, mix well
- Grease a 10 cup muffin tin and put 2 wonton wrappers in each cup
- Put a tablespoon of shredded cheese into each of the muffin cup.
- Add a tablespoon of the chicken mixture onto the cheese filles cup
- Sprinkle the top with another layer of cheese
- Bake for 15 minutes until the wonton wrappers have a crispy brown color to them
- Cool for a couple of minutes and serve
Sign up here with your email