Food Swap Adventure! Brooklyn Food Swap By BKSwappers


In February,  I blogged about how much fun we had at Queens Swap. To say that i got really into it is an under-statement. I enjoyed the experience so much that me and my friend (and the husbands) traveled all the way to Brooklyn this weekend to attend another swap, this time it was oragnized by the BKSwappers.


After turning up with too much food and not knowing what to expect, at the first swap in Queens, I was much more prepared this time around. I started baking my Japanese rice crackers the day before. I packed them up in pretty cookie gift bags I picked up from Michael's Crafts.

By the way I love Michael's Crafts, they have a huge selections of food packaging goodies at pretty good prices. If there isn't a Michael's near you, then your local craft shop could have what you're looking for.

How Swaps work: Everyone displays their homemade or home-grown goodies with swapping cards, if you are interested in an item, you write down your name and item of yours you want to swap with the goodie.

All the goods at the BKSwappers event were amazing, and I brought home a bag full of great stuff: Irish soda bread, banana bread dough, smoked papika walnuts, vanilla kimbucha, some granola bars, a pot of Brazilian brigadeiro and a bar of homemade soap!


I really enjoyed both the Queens Swap and the BKSwappers events. The energy, the passion and the spirit of community has totally inspired me and my friend.

After the swap on Sunday, we got talking with one of the  host of BKSwappers,Jane. She was really friendly and very encouraging. She even gave us some of the swapping sheets, and suggested to us to start our own food swap!!!!

And that is exactly what we're going to do because we don't want to wait another two months! Me and my friend have decided to plan our own swap! I can't wait to spread the fun and  joy to more local like-minded foodies!
Previous
Next Post »

5 comments

Write comments
Balvinder Ubi
AUTHOR
March 20, 2012 at 11:25 PM delete

It might be a wonderful experience to participate in Food swap. i would love to go if there is any closer to my place.
I love Michaels store,too. When ever we go there I never come back empty handed.

Reply
avatar
Alida
AUTHOR
March 21, 2012 at 6:16 PM delete

I have never been to one of this things and would love to one day. They are very interesting. Love the pics!

Reply
avatar
Tina
AUTHOR
March 22, 2012 at 5:43 AM delete

How cool is this! Great that you are going to start your own food swap-what fun. I know I would have a blast going to one. Thanks for the inspiration!

Reply
avatar
anne
AUTHOR
March 22, 2012 at 7:15 PM delete

It would be really interesting and enjoyable to be in that food swap ! Too many food to drool over ! hahahaha Love your gorgeous space ;) I'm gonna start watching your video now ! ;D

Reply
avatar