Hello Kitty Cake Pops: Cute Kittahs On Sticks


Hello Kitty! If you haven't heard of Cake Pops yet I'd be quite surprised. It has been one of the hottest things in the baking world since cupcakes suddenly became all the rage. Thanks to Ms Angie Dudley of the blog Bakerella, these cute little desserts on a stick are now everywhere. You can get them in most cake shops, and even at your nearest starbucks.

I have been wanting to make Hello Kitty cake pops for awhile, ever since I saw them on Bakerella and after seeing the Hello Kitty Terminal Gate at Taipei airport when I visited with my hubby last year. Most cake pop recipes call for baking a cake from a mix and crushing it into crumbs, so when I noticed I had half of my Lemon olive oil proud cake left over, I knew it was a great opportunity to try out this adorable recipe.
Ingredients:
  • Cake (any type)
  • Frosting (as binding agent, you can also use nutella or cream cheese)
  • White Chocolate Melt (as coat and glue)
  • Lollipop Sticks.
  • White chocolate drops (for the ears)
  • Black icing tube (for eyes)
  • Yellow and Red confectioners confetti  (for nose and bow)
Preparation:
 
1.Crumble the cake and mix in a 1-2 teaspoon of frosting.

2. Put the mixture in the fridge for at least 1 hour to make them harder.


3. Take small chunks of the dough and roll them into balls.

4. Dip lollipop sticks in chocolate melt and stick one into the end of each ball.  (chocolate drops) on with melted chocolate. Wait for the chocolate on the stick to harden., you can speed this up by putting them in the fridge .



















4.Once the melted chocolate "glue" for the ears and stick is hardened and everything is secured, dip the entire ball into the melted white chocolate until it is totally covered. Wait for it to harden.



5.To decorate, draw eyes with black icing from a tube. Use a yellow confetti as a nose.



6. Use 2 pieces of red confetti as bow. All done! Daw! So cute!



Husband Says: "What can I say? I came home from work to see multiple Hello Kitty heads on sticks, which begged the question, 'Is this what my wife gets up to during the day?' 0_o. I approve. I dawed out loud. Dawww! Cute Kittahs! I smiled at work when she showed me the pictures. How could I not? Then, I got to bite the heads off. :)  Chomp. Chomp. Good stuff. And it was good too. Lemon headed little kitty heads. If only nature could produce such tasty treats. Luckily, I don't need nature, as I have my awesome wife."


Follow Carmen's Kitchen on Facebook for more kitchen and cooking ideas! 
Previous
Next Post »

11 comments

Write comments
Nish
AUTHOR
March 22, 2012 at 10:58 PM delete

Aww this is so cool! So incredibly cute! :D

Reply
avatar
Red_Shallot
AUTHOR
March 23, 2012 at 10:20 AM delete

Carmen, they are so cute!

Reply
avatar
Alida
AUTHOR
March 23, 2012 at 4:33 PM delete

This is ever so cute! My daughter would be mad about them! It is all about hello kitty!

Reply
avatar
Soni
AUTHOR
March 24, 2012 at 7:59 PM delete

These are the cutest things I've seen!I love your step-by-step tutorial of creating cuties...so very creative Carmen :)I'm really bad at cake decorating and I really admire that talent in my foodie friends :)

Reply
avatar
Elisabeth
AUTHOR
March 24, 2012 at 8:17 PM delete

These are so adorable, and tasty. Love how it turned out. Would make a little girl...or big girl very happy, indeed!

Reply
avatar
March 25, 2012 at 3:20 AM delete

Hi Carmen, these are absolutely adorable and I'll bet their delish, too! I wanted to let you now that I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award, hope you don't mind ;-) You can read more about it on my blog and I'm looking forward to your response =)) Enjoy the rest of your weekend !!!

Reply
avatar
Jenn Kendall
AUTHOR
March 26, 2012 at 2:44 PM delete

so cute! very adorable cake pops :)

Reply
avatar
March 27, 2012 at 10:47 PM delete This comment has been removed by the author.
avatar
Tina
AUTHOR
March 28, 2012 at 4:10 PM delete

Ha! I really enjoyed reading this post, especially the comments from your hubby! Your pops are adorable. I have never made cake pops before, they are still on my "to do" list. No doubt a fun project! The fact these are not just cake pops but lemon Hello Kitty cake pops makes them even better. You did an amazing job!

Reply
avatar
SerenaB
AUTHOR
April 3, 2012 at 2:13 PM delete

Ha..Ha..These are so cute! Very creative and the pictures are wonderful! Your husband cracks me up! Have a fantastic week!

Reply
avatar