I have been wanting to make Hello Kitty cake pops for awhile, ever since I saw them on Bakerella and after seeing the Hello Kitty Terminal Gate at Taipei airport when I visited with my hubby last year. Most cake pop recipes call for baking a cake from a mix and crushing it into crumbs, so when I noticed I had half of my Lemon olive oil proud cake left over, I knew it was a great opportunity to try out this adorable recipe.
- Cake (any type)
- Frosting (as binding agent, you can also use nutella or cream cheese)
- White Chocolate Melt (as coat and glue)
- Lollipop Sticks.
- White chocolate drops (for the ears)
- Black icing tube (for eyes)
- Yellow and Red confectioners confetti (for nose and bow)
1.Crumble the cake and mix in a 1-2 teaspoon of frosting.
2. Put the mixture in the fridge for at least 1 hour to make them harder.
3. Take small chunks of the dough and roll them into balls.
4. Dip lollipop sticks in chocolate melt and stick one into the end of each ball. (chocolate drops) on with melted chocolate. Wait for the chocolate on the stick to harden., you can speed this up by putting them in the fridge .
6. Use 2 pieces of red confetti as bow. All done! Daw! So cute!
Husband Says: "What can I say? I came home from work to see multiple Hello Kitty heads on sticks, which begged the question, 'Is this what my wife gets up to during the day?' 0_o. I approve. I dawed out loud. Dawww! Cute Kittahs! I smiled at work when she showed me the pictures. How could I not? Then, I got to bite the heads off. :) Chomp. Chomp. Good stuff. And it was good too. Lemon headed little kitty heads. If only nature could produce such tasty treats. Luckily, I don't need nature, as I have my awesome wife."
Sign up here with your email