Woo Hoo! The Versatile Blogger Award And The Happy Blogger Award

It has been a wonderful week for Carmen's Kitchen! I've been surprised with two more recognition awards from fellow bloggers. The first one is the Versatile Blogger Award, it was presented to me separately by two of my blogger friends, Tess of Slow Cooking Kitchen and Javelin of Javelin Warrior's Cooking W/Luv . I am touched, honored and delighted! Thank you so much Tess and Javelin!

What is the Versatile Blogger Award? ”It is a great way to introduce different bloggers to each other and to promote quality blogs that awardees and their readers may not have discovered otherwise.”

And on accepting my Vesatile Blogger Award, I must follower the rules!


Here are the rules for the Versatile Blog Award:
  1. Thank the person who gave you this award and Include a link to their blog.
  2. Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. 
  3. Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
  4. Tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself
  5. In the same post, include this set of rules
  6. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs
So, here are 7 things about me...
  1. I am a classical trained pianist. I teach piano.
  2. I wanted to be a spaceman when I was a little girl.
  3. My favorite flowers are Lilies. 
  4. I am a huge fan of 'Mad Men' and I think Jon Hamm is the second sexiest man on earth. Right after my husband
  5. I love traveling!
  6. Greek food is my favorite cuisine. Especially lemon potatoes and Musaka (Eggplant and Meat Casserole) 
  7. My favorite color is pink.
And here are my 15 nominations: 

And here is my second award, Tess of Slow Cooking Kitchen also nominated my blog for the Happy Blogger Award. I would like to thank her again for sharing this with me and it really encourage me to write more. There are no specific rules for this award besides selecting 10 fellow bloggers and passing it onto them, And here are 10 of my favorite blogs, I nominate them for the Happy Blogger Award because they make me very happy! Please do check out their awesome blogs!

  1. Balvinder of Gluten Free Food  
  2. Miss Vivienne of Blog's Up
  3. Elpiniki of My Greek Cooking  
  4. Anna of Made in Hong Kong 
  5. Javalin of Javelin of Javelin Warrior's Cooking W/Luv
  6. Alida of My little Italian Kitchen
  7. Soni of Soni's food for thoughts
  8. Tina of Flourtrader
  9. Elisabeth of food and thrift
  10. Nish of Nish whips up a dish


Previous
Next Post »

22 comments

Write comments
Pranjali
AUTHOR
April 1, 2012 at 8:26 PM delete

Hi Carmen..Congrates and Thank you so much for this lovely award. I will truely appreciate it.

foodydelight.com

Reply
avatar
Tina
AUTHOR
April 1, 2012 at 10:22 PM delete

Congrats Carmen! Glad to see you are appreciated in the community. Nice to come here and get to know you a little better. I do love Mad Men too. Thanks so much for passing this award on to me, it is an honor and that big smiling flower makes me happy! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Reply
avatar
SerenaB
AUTHOR
April 1, 2012 at 10:33 PM delete

Congratulations, you where a well deserved pick! Great picks for people receive the award! Have a wonderful week!

Reply
avatar
Zoe
AUTHOR
April 2, 2012 at 1:33 AM delete

Hi, This is my first time visiting your blog and all your posts are fantastic!...especially your Hello Kitty cake pops! They look so cool :D I'm your latest follower.

Reply
avatar
anne
AUTHOR
April 2, 2012 at 1:46 AM delete

Hey Carmen ! Congrats on that well-deserved award and thank you so much for passing it to me ! Really appreciate it ;D

Reply
avatar
Loveforfood
AUTHOR
April 2, 2012 at 3:51 AM delete

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this blog

Reply
avatar
Jay
AUTHOR
April 2, 2012 at 6:47 AM delete

my heartiest wishes dear..your blog deserve this & many more awards..:)
so sweet of you to pass me the honour..!
Tasty Appetite

Reply
avatar
Soni
AUTHOR
April 2, 2012 at 9:04 AM delete

Congratulations Carmen for the awards!Your blog is lovely and these awards are well deserved :) .Thanks so much my friend for thinking of me and passing on the award!Really appreciate it :)

Reply
avatar
Willow
AUTHOR
April 2, 2012 at 9:18 AM delete

Congrats on the awards, Carmen - and thank you so much for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger! I'm working on a post about it, I promise... I'm just slow. ;)

Reply
avatar
April 2, 2012 at 9:51 AM delete

Congratulations! And thank you for including me!

Have a great week!
Angie

Reply
avatar
Elisabeth
AUTHOR
April 2, 2012 at 10:45 AM delete

Hi Carmen-so happy for you...congratulations on your well deserved awards!
Thank you for thinking of me and awarding me with the Happy Blogger award, which is quite new!
So nice to find out more things about you...didn't know you are a trained classical pianist.Wow! what a beautiful talent!
I am honored to receive your award, and will pass it on:DDD

Reply
avatar
Red_Shallot
AUTHOR
April 2, 2012 at 2:21 PM delete

Carmen, thanks so much for the award. I'm so happy to receive it from such a wonderful person and blogger as you. Congrats on your awards, you totally deserve it!.

Reply
avatar
Alida
AUTHOR
April 2, 2012 at 2:51 PM delete

Dear Carmen, thank you so much for the awards. I am thrilled and really delighted to receive two awards in one day!
Congratulations on your awards too. It is so nice when someone thinks of you XXX

Reply
avatar
Jenn Kendall
AUTHOR
April 2, 2012 at 3:05 PM delete

Congratulations on your awards Carmen! You have such a great blog! Thank you so much passing one along to me, it really made my day! I definitely appreciate it :)

Reply
avatar
Rodeo Bucket
AUTHOR
April 3, 2012 at 1:34 AM delete

Congratulations Carmen. I popped over to say Hi and that my spam filter ate your last comment. So sorry. I look forward to checking out the blogs you listed and thank you for taking the time to leave that last comment. It made my day.

Reply
avatar
Elpiniki
AUTHOR
April 3, 2012 at 2:19 AM delete

Congrattulations on your awards!!U definately deserve it!I didnt realize u love greek kitchen and I m so glad u do! Thank so so much for passing these awards to me , I m really honored and happy!
Its been a pleasure meeting u and interacting with u through our love for (greek)cooking!

Reply
avatar
Balvinder Ubi
AUTHOR
April 3, 2012 at 10:01 PM delete

Congratulations for both the awards and thanks for passing on to me. I definitely appreciate it.
Your acceptance for the award is still waiting at http://simpleglutenfreekitchen.blogspot.ca/2012/03/mangalorean-fish-curry.html.
Have a great week ahead!

Reply
avatar
April 5, 2012 at 11:21 AM delete

Congrats Carmen and a BIG thank you for the nominations! I've been so busy with work and study lately but I promise I will keep updating my blog.

Reply
avatar
April 5, 2012 at 1:57 PM delete

Thank you everyone! It's truly my pleasure to share these awards with you! Happy Easter!

Reply
avatar
Elisabeth
AUTHOR
April 5, 2012 at 2:56 PM delete

Hi Carmen, I'm back again to let you know I posted about receiving the award from you, and I also have two more awards for you, that I would like to pass on!
Please visit my blog to claim your well deserved awards!
Happy Easter!
xoxo

Reply
avatar
April 12, 2012 at 2:43 PM delete

Carmen, I wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten about the Happy Blogger award you passed on to me - and I greatly appreciated it. I've been terribly behind since traveling most of last week for the holiday and just now getting caught up...

Thanks so much for sharing the 7 things about yourself - I've never actually seen Mad Men even though the local theatre near me always runs trivia about Jon Hamm ;) And pink used to be my favorite color when I was very young...

Today I passed the award on to other bloggers - and thanks again so much...

Reply
avatar
Purabi Naha
AUTHOR
April 18, 2012 at 7:11 AM delete

Thank you so much for the Versatile blogger award and congrats on receiving the same as well! Well deserved!!

Sorry, couldn't thank you before as I was travelling on the Easter break.
http://cosmopolitancurrymania.blogspot.com

Reply
avatar