Anderson's Honey Cinnamon Walnut Butter Recipe: Made With Love


Since our wedding at the beautiful Anderson Barngrover family walnut ranch in California, I have been inspired to create a recipe using Walnuts.

As well as being very tasty, walnuts are good for you. They help you to feel better and look better too! Recent research has show walnuts have more antioxidants than any other popular nut, as well as healthy fiber, protein, vitamins and minerals. Walnuts are also a delicious source of omega 3 essential fatty acids. A quarter cup of walnuts provides 90% of the recommended daily allowance of these protective fats.

With the 3 bags of walnuts that dad sent us from the ranch, I made honey-cinnamon walnut butter for the first Manhattan Community Swap myself and my friend organized (Please check us out!)  I am very happy to tell you that my  walnut butter did very well, and I have recieved some great feed back. I name this recipe the Anderson Walnut butter, dedicating it to my wonderful Anderson family.

Ingredients

  • 2 cups shelled walnuts
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 tablespoon of Olive oil
  • 2 tablespoon of water
  • 6 tablespoon of honey
  • Pinch of salt
Preparations
  1. Put  walnuts in a food processor fitted with the regular cutting blade. Process the nuts on liquify-whip setting. After about 30 seconds it will begin to resemble graham cracker crumbs.
  2. Add seasonings to the mix and adjust to personal taste. 
  3. Continue processing for another 2 minutes ( or 1 minute for a crunchier texture,)
  4. Keep walnut butter covered  in the refrigerator.
Husband Says: "The best of both worlds with this on. We used nuts from the family ranch, and my wife got to show off her cooking skillz. She used me as her taste tester for this, and I preferred my nut butter more on the sweet and cinnamony side. So recommend that there is some constant tasting during preparation. This is good stuff. Great for toast or bagel spread. Especial bagel spread. You also don't feel so guilty having a bagel with loads of butter and jam because this stuff is actually pretty healthy." 
Previous
Next Post »

8 comments

Write comments
Jenn Kendall
AUTHOR
June 19, 2012 at 10:39 PM delete

wow, i would love to try this! it sounds so tasty!

Reply
avatar
June 20, 2012 at 5:05 AM delete

Rice milling machinery exporters
MILLTEC Machinery Pvt Ltd is the leading technology providing company for rice milling, Roller flour milling, Maize (corn) milling and pulses processing plants.Rice Milling Machinery, Rice processing equipments, Rice milling Technology, Rice milling equipments, Paddy processing machinery,Rice machinery manufacturer, service provider, Manufactures, exporters,MILLTEC Machinery Pvt Ltd, in bangalore, India
For more details visit :- http://www.milltecmachinery.com/

Reply
avatar
anne
AUTHOR
June 20, 2012 at 8:37 AM delete

Mmmmm I love this homemade walnut butter ! Such a lovely packaging , too ! Great as a spread and healthy to boot !

Reply
avatar
June 20, 2012 at 11:15 AM delete

How creative and sounds delicious as well.

Reply
avatar
Elisabeth
AUTHOR
June 22, 2012 at 9:27 AM delete

Hi Carmen, I had to read your post twice, thoroughly; and I must say I'm very impressed with your walnut butter achievement. Such a fun swap event by your local community, and so much fun making all these amazing homemade stuff.

The walnut butter, I assume would be in the family of 'peanut butter?'
so, delicious and totally amazing!
I also watched your you-tube vides...are those cute kitties yours? I just cracked up laughing here, to myself of the one on the right...so greedy. The other kitty wasn't even touching his food. Looks like you will have to separate their dishes.
Also the video of you is very good, and it gives me more of an idea of how you sound, and looks, just as sweet as I have imagined from the way you write.

Have a wonderful weekend, my sweet friend!
xo

Reply
avatar
June 22, 2012 at 11:51 AM delete

Thank you so much for all you comments! @ Elisabeth: Thank you so much for your kind comment! I am so happy to hear that you like my videos! And yes those kittens are our new additions to the family! They are really sweet, and very funny! I am definitely going to get them separate bowls.

You have a wonderful weekend too, my dear friend!
Carmenxoxo

Reply
avatar
Anisha Ranjit
AUTHOR
July 17, 2012 at 9:48 AM delete

I would love to try this... sounds sooo delicious. It's my first time here and I love it!

Reply
avatar