The Fourth of July brings countless celebrations from coast-to-coast across the US. During this festive time, we stop to think about America’s birthday, and give thanks for our freedom, and in my case, a green card! It is also a perfect dessert holiday, just think of all the fresh fruit possibilities! Add a little red, white and blue to your 4th of July menu with this drink and salad. They are simple enough to be a crowd-pleaser, and tasty enough to be on the menu. Let Freedom Ring!
Red White and Blue Piña Colada
You can make this 4th of July style cocktail with or without alcohol. You can do this with any drinks of any color. Bottoms up!
- Sobe Piña Colada drink (white) / Bacardi piña colada (for alcoholic version )
- Fruit Punch Gatorade (Red)
- Blueberry G2 (blue)
- Fill cup with ice all the way to the top.
- Pour the liquid with the highest sugar content into the cup (In this case, the piña Colada), filling it approximately 1/3 full. For the second layer, pour the second drink with the lower sugar content SLOWLY through the ice to fill approximately the second third of the glass full. It'll mix a little but it separates out again almost entirely.
- Finally, pour the sugar-free or lowest sugar drink SLOWLY through the ice
Berry salad with Goat Cheese
Use seasonal berries for this refreshing salad, matching tangy goat cheese with sweet berries, lettuce and walnuts
|Berry Goat Cheese salad with chicken|
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 of lettuce, thinnly sliced
- 1 cup mixed seasonal berries, such as strawberries, blackberries, raspberries and blueberries (we are using Strawberries and Blueberries)
- 1/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Toss lettuce, walnuts, onions, berries and goat cheese in a large serving bowl.
- For the dressing, whisk together all ingredients.Taste and adjust seasoning. Drizzle dressing over salad. Serve immediately with meal of your choice.
Sign up here with your email