Another perfect weeknight meal that prepares in minutes…but don’t be fooled, this easy bake pesto chicken Parmesan is definitely good enough for company.
The chicken rollups are filled with a tasty pesto, parmesan cheese, and olive oil and baked until golden. The meat is crispy outside and tender inside, similar to what you get from deep frying, but it has a lighter and moister texture. Serve it with potatoes and a tossed salad.
- 4 (6 ounce) chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 Cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- Wash chicken and pat dry. Trim excess fat and remove skin if desired. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper and place in the prepared pan, refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 450F. Use a small sharp knife to make a slit along the side of each chicken breast to form a pocket. Mix together the pesto and cheese, then carefully spoon a quarter of the mixture into each chicken breast and smooth over the opening to seal.
- Put the breadcrumbs onto a large plate and place each chicken breast pocket on the plate and press all over with the breadcrumbs. Place in a lightly oiled shallow baking dish along with the tomatoes. Drizzle over the remaining oil.
- Cook in the oven for 20-25 mins until the chicken starts to turn golden and is cooked through.
Husband Says: "I love love love this meal. Carmen comes back to it as a Chris Favorite every now and again whenever she's just not in the mood to whip up something new. I may have put in the odd request on occasion as well. Can't blame me, this is a good one. I have a feeling this would go down well with the entire family."
Sign up here with your email