I have been working on a low-carb pizza crust for awhile, and after many failed attempts, I could not be more excited about this recipe! Great success!
The secret in making a successful soy flour pizza is to make the crust thin and brown the crust longer than usual. What I love most about this soy flour pizza crust is that you can be creative and know that this crust will still hold the toppings you want without falling apart or crumbling.
The toppings we happen to love is for a Hawaiian pizza. Pineapples, ham and maybe even bacon. Good stuff!
A little warning for those who are not used to soy products, this recipe is NOT going to rival your neighborhood pizzeria; what it will do is satisfy your pizza craving while not messing with a low carb diet. Plus, its filling and goes a long way!
- 1 1/2 cups soy flour
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup club soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can of homemade/ ready made spaghetti source
- 3/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of sliced ham pieces
- 1 can (8 oz) of pineapple
- 1 Tablespoon Italian herbs
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Make the crust: Generously spray 2 (12-inch) pizza pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together all of the crust ingredients to make a smooth, thick, pancake-like batter. Using a spatula spread the batter as thin and evenly as possible over the two pans. (Carmen's tip: Or spread by coating fingers in olive oil, it also helps with flavor.)
- Place pizza crusts on center racks of the oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until lightly golden brown and firm to touch.
- Remove crusts from oven and increase the oven temperature to 400F.
- Spread the spaghetti sauce and then mozzarella cheese evenly over both crusts. Top the pizza with pineapple pieces and ham.and sprinkle with Italian herbs
- Place the pizzas back in the oven to bake for another 12- 15 minutes, or until the cheese melts. (Carmen's tip: The Crust can be a little soft while it's hot, it tasted better once it cooled down)