Soy Sauce Chicken Wings Recipe: Continuing The Family Cooking Fun!



Cooking and eating together is important for the well-being of a family. Sharing a meal strengthens the family bond. The times that you spend together at meals are memories that will last forever.I am very grateful to be blessed with two very close families who enjoy spending time together at dinning tables, as well as in the kitchen together.


My mom is a great chef, she can cook anything and make anything tasty. Many of the recipes on this blog are inspired by her! I started having cooking lessons with my mom the summer before I got married and moved to New York City. Those lessons I will always remember fondly. That's where my cooking journey and Carmen's kitchen began, as some of you would know. 

My Mother-in-law is another wonderful chef, she gave me many wonderful family recipes and has given me many cooking tips. And my father-in-law makes awesome Christmas cookies! I enjoy cooking with my mother and father-in-law, we had a great time making festive goodies last Christmas. Check out Bourbon Ball & Candy Cane Cookies Recipe

My father-in-law's wife Judy is also an amazing cook. She recently published a cook book called California Cooking. Please check out her book too!
  
But one person in my family I didn't expect to be a good cook is my cousin Deacon. Cousin Deacon is like a brother to me and my sister. When we were growing up, he was only into boy stuff, e.g sports, computer, maths and more sports...So you can imagine how  completely surprised I was when he brought out this tasty homemade Soy Chicken Wings when we visited him in Hong Kong last year.

Those were some of the tastiest chicken wings I've tried. They were rich, juicy and succulent. There was plenty of yummy pre-ordered food on the table that night, but that was the most popular dish by far. We were all fighting for them! And right there I knew I wanted to feature his recipe on Carmen's Kitchen! 

Enough rambling! I present you the recipe and I hope you would enjoy it as much as we do!



Ingredients: 
  • 10 medium size chicken wings
  • 5 tablespoon light soy sauce
  • 3 tablespoon dark soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
  • 4 cloves garlic,crushed
  • 8 slices of fresh ginger
  • 3 cups water
  • a dash of white pepper 
Preparation:
  1. Put chicken wings, ginger, garlic, water in a pot, bring it to boil over medium heat. Once it 's boiling, turn heat to low and allow the chicken to simmer for another 10 minutes. Turn the wings every now and then to make sure they are cooked evenly.
  2. Once the chicken wings are cooked. Add light and dark soy sauce, brown sugar and pepper. Mix well. Turn heat to low and keep liquid at a gentle simmer. Cook for another 10 minutes. 
  3. Remove from braising liquid and serve hot or col
Husband Says: "Deacon! Deacon! He's our man! If he can't cook chicken wings nobody can! Darn good these are. I was there on that fateful night. I'm the one in the orange Giants t-shirt. Looking scruffy and totally unprepared to be featured on Carmen's blog. I still love you wifey. Don't worry. Back to the chicken wings. So good. And easy to make as well. Seriously, these things are no trouble at all. Even I could make them. Yes really. A great alternative to buffalo wings if you're looking for something a little bit different on the wing front. Test drive these babies today!" 
Previous
Next Post »

1 comments:

Write comments
May 6, 2013 at 6:56 PM delete

Carmen, I loved reading your post about all the talented cooks in your family, and extended family as well! Did also check out Judy's 'kindle' version of her cookbook. I don't have a Kindle but my daughter has and will look into buying it!

Your cousin Deacon's chicken wings look and sound great with the boiling method, which I have never used for the wings, but will try it out. I do make my soy glazed wings almost identical, but bake it in the oven. The boiling method is 'new' to me but does look delicious! xo

Reply
avatar