Spring has finally arrived in New York city, and one sure sign of spring is fresh asparagus in the produce aisle. So when I saw these beautiful fresh green Asparagus in the market the other day, I knew I had to get them so I can try out a Daily Mail recipe I saved a while ago. My husband and I love eating el fresco, we like having our dinner outside on our tiny NYC balcony whenever we have the chance (soon we will be sitting in our backyard in our new palce, can't wait!) I love this recipe because it is easy and tasty and I can prepare in advance so there’s no stress as we sit down to eat. And it goes beautifully with a glass of wine!
- 6 slices Bacon
- 1/2 Mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs
lb. thin fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Wash, trim, and cut asparagus spears. Then,
- Boil Asparagus for about 3 minutes in boiling water.
- Put bacon in single layer on microwaveable plate. Microwave on HIGH 1 to 1-1/2 min or until bacon starts to cook but is not crisp.
- Divide asparagus into small bunches. Wrap 1 bacon slice, 1 mozzarela slice in spiral-fashion around each asparagus bundle.
- Dip bacon wrapped asparagus with flour, then in stirred egg, then cover it with bread crumbs. Place on rack of foil-lined broiler pan.
- Bake 20 to 22 min. or until crust is golden.
- Serve with a dipping sauce of your choice if you like.
Sign up here with your email