Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Recipe: Cooling Down With Some Healthy Pro-biotics


I love summer in New York city, everything look beautiful when the sun is out! It's been a lovely, hot summer here in NYC. We've been enjoying some serious sunshine and heat for the past few weeks (not that I am complaining) but with the current heatwave I think it is about time to dig out a good frozen yogurt recipe to share with you guys. A strawberry frozen yogurt recipe!

I read about how frozen yogurt from the shops are NOT at all good for you, they contain many  processed and sugary ingredients like Pure Crystalline Fructose, Dextrose, Non-fat Milk powder, Yogurt Powder...to name just a few of them!.Although frozen yogurt still contains some good pro-biotics, the majority of them do not survive the process long enough for you to get the benefits!
In other words, homemade frozen yogurt is much better than store-bought. At the very least we won't be using yogurt powder but natural yogurt that's full of those healthy probiotics that support our immune and digestive systems.

This frozen yogurt recipe is so easy make, and I hope this tasty healthy treat will help you to cool off this summer!

My recipe is base on a Peach frozen yogurt recipe I found in EatingWell.com

Prep time: 10 minutes

Serve: 4 -6

Ingredients: 

  • 1 pack of 12 ounce frozen strawberries
  • 1/2 cup of sugar or sweeteners (I used Spenda)
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 3/4 cup non-fat plain yogurt

Preparation


  1. Mix frozen strawberries and sugar in food processor until strawberry pieces are roughly grated.
  2. Mix in lemon juice and yogurt. Process until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the work bowl once or twice.
  3. Put mixture in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
Husband says: "I love all things sweet, my wife knows this and sometimes hates it, but she still loves me, bless her heart. But yes, sugar! Sweets! Om nom nom. I have a serious sweet tooth, and she knows how to trick me with things like substituting splenda for sugar. Cheeky gal. Well, this recipe was no exception to Carmen's sorcery in the kitchen. She made it and didn't tell me she didn't use sugar. I found out reading this post. Like I said, cheeky. And that should also tell you that this recipe can be just as good with sugar substitute.

House guests, kids, picky husbands or wives will enjoy this. Don't even tell em you didn't use sugar."
Previous
Next Post »

2 comments

Write comments
Anne Regalado
AUTHOR
July 11, 2013 at 7:14 AM delete

Carmen , I use IE to access to your site because when I use Google Chrome there's this warning " Malware Ahead " :P Better check it , okay ?

Anyway , I need that strawberry frozen yogurt ! It looks pretty delicious and healthy to boot :D

Reply
avatar
July 13, 2013 at 11:03 AM delete

Carmen, I love frozen yogurts; never have I thought about combining the yogurt with the frozen strawberries, which is a huge favorite of mine. The combination of the two are 'match made in heaven'! Genius idea...thanks for sharing! xo

Reply
avatar