Tuna noodle casserole is one of the most popular casseroles around, it is one of those old comfort foods I used to crave all the time. There's just something homey about the creamy, cheesy noodles and tuna that always made me feel better. In this low carb version, I use broccoli and mushrooms instead of noodles. It is full of flavor with fewer calories and as easy to make as the classic.
You can bring this dish to a summer potluck (bake it in cute little pots) or make it for a family dinner. Either way, this dish is sure to fill you up without filling you out! Add this recipe to your list of things to make for dinner, you can't go wrong.
- 1/4 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup green peas (frozen)
- 16 ozs broccoli (frozen / fresh )
- 1 can (12 ozs) of tuna
- 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup potato chips (crushed)
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook Broccoli until tender-crisp; drain very well.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix cooked broccoli, onion, 1 cup of cheese, peas, tuna, soup and mushrooms. Transfer to a 9x13 inch baking dish, and top with potato chip crumbs and remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheese is slightly brown and bubbly.
Sign up here with your email