The symbol of the season is a featured ingredient in everything from pies to cakes. Why not try your hand at making pumpkin bread? I came across this Golden Pumpkin Bread Recipe over the weekend, and then I thought of all those beautiful walnuts from our family ranch that I still have in our freezer. Then light bulb went off! It was time to bake.
I switched out the sugar with sugar substitute, added our walnuts, changed cloves and ginger to cinnamon and nutmeg.
Without any delay, here is the Pumpkin Walnut Bread Recipe.
- 1/2 can pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of butter, melted
- 1 1/3 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg*
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon*
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of sugar (I used Splendid sugar substitute)*
- 1/2 cup of chopped Walnuts*
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, butter, pumpkin and sugars together with a wooden spoon, as the butter is already melted, there is no needed to use a electric mixer. set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and spices.
- Gradually add flour mixture to egg mixture, mix well with hands.
- Add the chopped nuts and mix well.
- Transfer batter into a greased bread loaf pan. (I sprayed mine with Pam Butter Spray, and my baking always came out beautifully)
- Preheat oven to 350F, let it bake for 1 hour. Test with toothpick to ensure loaf is ready. For the newbies out there, if you lift the toothpick up and it's doughy, then it isn't ready!
Husband Says: "I took the photos! Just had to clear that up real quick. Ahem. So the pumpkin bread. I WAS TRICKED AGAIN! There's no sugar in this thing. I was all like, 'Babe! This is so good! Babe! I love you!' Then I heard the TRUTH that there was no real sugar and I started whining like a little girl. Then I realized I was being stupid because I didn't even know there was no sugar in the first place after I ate a massive slice of the loaf. So there you have it. I am a pumpkin FANATIC and loved the loaf without even knowing my sneaky monkey wife switched out the sugar. Bless her heart."