Wednesday, January 29, 2014


Pancakes with syrup is no doubt America's favorite breakfast! And since today is National Blueberry Pancake Day (1/28), why not celebrate this fun day with a big stack of Blueberry Pancakes! If you haven’t tried making low-carb, gluten-free pancakes before, you should! They are super simple and the result is amazing! 

My husband is a huge Pancake fan. I have been trying to get him to go on a low-carb diet with me, so when I came across this recipe online, I just knew I need to try making some. And I am glad I did! I never thought low-carb pancake could be so delicious! Light and fluffy, just like real pancakes but BETTER! All you have to do is to serve it with low-carb maple syrup! Now you can have your pancake and eat it too

Ingredients


    • 2 eggs
    • 1/4 cup soy flour
    • 1/3 cup sour cream (full or reduced fat is fine) 
    • 1 tsp baking powder
    • 1 Tbsp olive oil (two can be used for density)
    • 1 Tbsp whole flaxseeds (meal can be used)
    • Salt to taste

Preparation

  1. Heat griddle or pan to medium-high heat.
  2. Use non-stick cooking spray or butter before pouring batter onto the pan.
  3. Pour batter onto pan so that the pancakes are about 4" in diameter (Don't go bigger than this, it will be difficult to flip).
  4. Makes about 6 4" pancakes...about 2 servings.
Husband Says: "These are made with what again? Eh? SOY FLOUR? Flax...flax something or other? Double U Tee Ef? THESE AREN'T PANCAKES THEY'RE... oh. I just took a bite. They are pancakes. Wait, I'll have another. Oh, that was tasty. Guess I'll have just a few more bites of this weird thing. It's all gone. Right then. So like I was saying, what was I saying? Oh yes, these are GREAT! Trick your kids! Trick your husbands! They won't know these are good for them. Of course, just don't skimp on the syrup. That HAS to be pure sugary syrup."

3 comments:

  1. Hi Carmen, first...I would like to let you know, I really love the professional layout of your blog. The low-carb blueberry pancakes really is 'America's favorite' for sure! Excellent recipe, and droolworthy pancakes for sure! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh sus pancakes son irresistible y novedosos me encantan,abrazos.

    ReplyDelete