Last week I asked my hubby to do the weekly shopping and he came back with lots of goodies including two big pieces of bone-in pork chops. I have done a few recipes on pork chops before including Pan-fried Pork Chops, Roasted Potatoes Recipe and Breaded Pork Cutlet With Salad Recipe, which is one of my all time favorites! However, I wanted something different, something with less oil as I am still on my post-holiday diet. I remembered I had some delicious apple pork chops in a restaurant some time ago, so when I found some pesto and cheese in my fridge I decided to get a little adventurous. And wow was I glad I did!
- 2 double-cut bone-in pork chops
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons of Pesto
- Italian breadcrumbs for breading
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Using a small sharp knife, cut a slit horizontally in 1 side of each pork chop to form a pocket.
- Prepare stuffing by mixing pesto and mozzarella cheese in a small bowl
- Stuff with filling and press edges to form a seal.
- Season outside of pork with salt and pepper.
- Dip pork chop pieces in beaten egg and roll them in breadcrumbs to coat.
- Grease cookie sheets with butter spray.
- Place pork chops in the preheated oven, and cook about 20-25 minutes
- Let pork sit for 5minutes and transfer to a serving dish. Serve with fresh salad or roasted/mashed potatoes!
Sign up here with your email