Monday, January 13, 2014




Last week I asked my hubby to do the weekly shopping and he came back with lots of goodies including two big pieces of bone-in pork chops. I have done a few recipes on pork chops before including Pan-fried Pork Chops, Roasted Potatoes Recipe and Breaded Pork Cutlet With Salad Recipe, which is one of my all time favorites! However, I wanted something different, something with less oil as I am still on my post-holiday diet. I remembered I had some delicious apple pork chops in a restaurant some time ago, so when I found some pesto and cheese in my fridge I decided to get a little adventurous. And wow was I glad I did!

Ingredients:


  • 2 double-cut bone-in pork chops
  • 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. shredded
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 3 tablespoons of Pesto
  • Italian breadcrumbs for breading

 Preparation

  1. Preheat oven to 350F.
  2. Using a small sharp knife, cut a slit horizontally in 1 side of each pork chop to form a pocket.  
  3. Prepare stuffing by mixing pesto and mozzarella cheese in a small bowl 
  4. Stuff with filling and press edges to form a seal.
  5. Season outside of pork with salt and pepper.
  6. Dip pork chop pieces in beaten egg and roll them in breadcrumbs to coat.
  7. Grease cookie sheets with butter spray.
  8. Place pork chops in the preheated oven, and cook about 20-25 minutes
  9. Let pork sit for 5minutes and transfer to a serving dish. Serve with fresh salad or roasted/mashed potatoes! 
Husband Says: "And wow I'm glad she did too! And I even participated! I bought food! Yup, that's right Mr. Husband Says did the shopping all by himself. Granted, I had to call her a few times to make sure I was getting the right stuff, but it was all me baby. This meal wouldn't have happened without my genius shopping abilities. It was Legen -- wait for it -- dary. Legendary! OK, back to the chops. After putting my shopping skills on display, the wife did me right by cooking these delish chops up. Juicy, full of flavor but not overwhelming, and of course filling, these were excellent. Husband approved."

6 comments:

  1. Dear Carmen! It is so nice to find blogging friends from some time ago.. and still blogging! And I love your new look too and you look lovely in your videos! Very natural indeed.
    After over two years of blogging I still find blogging addictive and I have found that I cannot stop! Let's keep in touch!
    Alida XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carmen, I love the crunchy, and super delicious pork chops you made. Most people tend to just pass up reading the recipe...but as for me when I really like something, I carefully read the recipe and the preparation. Did you use the ingredient section for stuffing the pork chops? Also you mentioned rolling the chops in the breadcrumbs; so what exactly were the eggs for...the stuffing? did you just use the mozzarella for the stuffing...or all the 'ingredients' list. I would even smear the pesto on the chops, instead of stuffing it with it. I really want to make these...incredible flavors and spices going on here, and I can pretty much figure out how to prepare this, just need clarification from you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elisabeth. Sorry for the confusion. I totally missed out a few steps in this recipe! :-( the eggs are for the breadcrumbs coating, to help the breading stick better. And yes the mozzarella is for stuffing, together with the pesto! Oh dear, can't believe I missed those out in the instruction! Thank you so much for mentioning it. I must now go and fix it! X on

      Delete
    2. Hi Carmen, glad you fixed the preparation list. I love, love, these amazing flavorful and super delicious crunchy pork chops. What a gorgeous dish this would make even for company! xoxo

      Delete
  3. It's so fun when stuff like this happens. Looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carmen , I thought those pork chops are fried not baked , they look scrumptious ! You had me at pesto and cheese filling ;D

    ReplyDelete