Greek Lemon Chicken & Potatoes Recipe: A Taste of The Mediterranean



I love Greek food. Everything is so fresh and so delicious. And since living in a Greek neighborhood of NYC, my husband and I have become huge fans of this Mediterranean cuisine.

When my best friend Katia suggested that she would teach me how to make authentic Greek lemon chicken and potatoes over Christmas, I jumped at the chance! That really was the best Christmas present she could have given us!

I am a firm believer of the saying that food is linked to memories. Everytime I learn a new recipe from somebody, I always remember how much fun I had cooking with them. I remember how I learned how to wrap dumplings with my mother, how learned how to make candy cane cookies with my father-in-law, and now I will always remember how I learned to make Lemon chicken with Katia!
We loved Katia's Lemon chicken and potatoes. Everything was done perfectly. The chicken was nicely browned and crispy on the outside while being moist on the inside. Everything was flavored beautifully.

If you love Greek food like me then you'll love this one-pan, no fuss, soul satisfying dish!

   

Ingredients

  • 2 lemons
  • 10 chicken drumsticks
  • 1 cup of olive oil
  • 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
  • 1 tablespoon of salt 
  • 1 teaspoon of oregano
  • 1 large onion, sliced
  • 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into thin wedges
 Preparation:
  1.  In a deep baking tray, combine all ingredients together, mix well. Let it sit for at least 3 hours or even better overnight
  2. Pre-heat oven to 350ºF. Put baking tray in the middle of the oven.  Cover with foil. Roast for 1 hour. Remove cover after an hour and let it cook for another 15-20 minutes.
Husband Says: "I love this stuff. I loved it when Katia made it for us, and I continue to love it when Carmen makes it. She gets better with each preparation as well. It's a little bit of an art to get the lemon flavor just right in the potatoes along with the chicken. This is one dish where it's perfectly fine to go bonkers with lemon. The more the better. I've even participated in cooking this! Shocking I know. Carmen will make it in the morning on a Friday, then when I come home from work -- and while she's at work -- I will receive strict instructions via text message on when to put it into the oven so that it's ready when she gets home. Participation! I helped! Go husband!"


Previous
Next Post »