I chose the second one, and this is how I came up with this recipe! But as much as I would like to take all the credit here, I can't. I read about this on a Filipino food blog after I made it! Come to find out that this is pretty much the same recipe for a popular Filipino street food called "Turon", where they use banana and jackfruits as filling. Sounds super delicious. Anyway, this is my take of the turon, and I hope you like it!
- 2 bananas (sliced)
- 6 strawberries (sliced )
- 4 squares spring roll wrappers
- Brown sugar (to taste)
- A pinch of coco powder
- 1 qt oil (for deep frying)
- Preheat the oil in a large skillet to 375 F
- Arrange pieces of banana and strawberry diagonally across the corner of a spring roll wrapper, and sprinkle with brown sugar to taste. Roll from the corner to the center, then fold top and bottom corners in, and continue rolling. Dip your finger in water and brush the last edge to seal. Repeat with remaining fruit pieces.
- Fry a few rolls at a time in the hot oil until evenly browned. Remove to paper towels to drain. Let it stand for a few minutes. Sprinkle coco powder on top