5 Ingredient Asian Style Sweet BBQ Ribs: Bring Summer Cooking To Your Dinner Table





Hi there! Carmen's Kitchen is BACK! Some of you might have noticed that I took a year long break. I had a very good and happy reason for that. I became a mommy last fall! You can imagine how busy I have been. Our sweet baby girl has just celebrated her 1st birthday and I feel ready to come back and cook some more!!!!!




So, the first big comeback recipe of mine is this easy and simple recipe from my mother. These 5 ingredient Cantonese style sweet BBQ ribs became a regular at our dinner rota since the baby arrived. It is a very easy and fast recipe, and it tastes AMAZING. It only takes about 10 mins of prep time, and you can leave it cooking on the stove while you get on with other chores in the kitchen.



Ingredients
  • 1 lb of pork ribs
  • 2 Tablespoons of cooking wine
  • 4 Tablespoons of white vinegar
  • 6 Tablespoons of sugar
  • 4 Tablespoons of dark soy sauce
  • 4 Tablespoons of soy sauce
  • 10 Tablespoons of water

Preparation
  1. Rinse ribs and pat dry. Set aside.
  2. To make sauce, mix all the ingredients in a large bowl.
  3. Put Pork and sauce into a large saucepan (I used a wok!), mix well. Cover and cook on medium heat for 35 mins, checking and stirring after 15 mins.
Husband Says: I will eat these again and again, over and over, until I get fat and can't get up from a reclining sitting position. I will stuff my face with these and suck on the bones in ecstasy. If that sounds sexual, that's because eating these ribs are sex. They are so ridiculously good. Gotta say I'm certainly happy Carmen's Kitchen is officially back in action. Our baby girl is gonna be one lucky kid growing up getting to eat this!

Previous
Next Post »