Prawn Pad Thai Recipe - Easy Snowpeasy!


It's been a little difficult to keep up with my recipe writing since having my daughter. As all mothers know, it is a full time job being a mom! Instead of trying out new recipes for dinner like I used to, nowadays I tend to stick to a list of old easy favorites like pasta, steaks, fish, noodles and fried rice. This prawn pad Thai recipe is definitely one of my all time favorites on that list.

This national dish of Thailand is surprisingly easy to make, from start to finish only takes 20 minutes to prepare and you can find most of these ingredients in your local supermarket. And! It is definitely healthier than the one you order from a Thai take out! 

Ingredients 
  • 8 oz of rice noodles
  • 8 oz of peeled large prawns
  • 2 cup of sliced mushrooms
  • 1 bag of snow peas (8 oz) 
For the sauce
  • 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
  • 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • garlic cloves, minced
  • Chili Sauce (optional)
Preparation

1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and leave on the side

2.  In a small bowl, mix all of the ingredients for the sauce

3. Slightly stir-fry the mushroom slices and snow peas separately. It doesn't matter which you fry first, just don't do them together. Set them both aside when finished.

4. Heat a spoonful of olive oil over medium-high heat in your wok, add garlic and then prawns, stir-fry 2 minutes or until shrimp is golden, or orange. Add cooked noodles and veggies; toss them all together!

5. Stir in sauce and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly to combine. 

Husband says: I dig this recipe. It's reliable. It's like, I come home from work. Carmen is tired from a full day of mothering and being a mom and doing mom things and mommy stuff (moms are busy, they bust their asses, I know this,) so I don't like to ask "what's for dinner?" Plus, it makes me feel like a dickish Don Draper. So when she says, "we're having prawn pad Thai tonight" I know she won't stress about making it and I'll be happy eating it, and everybody wins! WINNERS. Pad prawn Thai winners. Er, that's prawn pad Thai. Right then. Good stuff. Dads will approve of this as well. 
Previous
Next Post »